Prior to getting the services of a personal injury attorney, you must primarily ask him these 5 vital questions:
1. ”Do I have an argument?” This is the primary thing you should ask from your prospective personal injury lawyer. Your case should be based on a directive that grants you a specific entitlement, and that right was violated by the person or group you wish to name as the respondent in your case for damages. Once this question is asked, your personal injury lawyer will study the information surrounding the case and conclude the particular stipulations of law that should be appropriate.
2. ”Do I have a strong case?” You may have a case, but if it’s a weak case that has a big possibility of loss, then it may not be worth pursuing. There are instances when a group still chooses to pursue a lawsuit despite the big chances of failure because of their perceived want for absolution. But ask yourself: is it worth the attempt? Is it worth the nuisances you’ll need to suffer? Is it worth the money you stand to waste?
3. ”How much fortification will I have in opposition to the counter-claims that are positive to be filed?” You can file a case for indemnities, but such will make you vulnerable to a countersuit, one which you should be ready for. As a matter of practice, most respondents reply to the objection with a counter-claim for indemnities. However, if your case is strong, such counter-claims may simply die out.
4. ”How much, in the form of indemnities, should I look forward to get?” You may win a lawsuit, but if the damages that will be given are of a small amount, then your attempts and your funds won’t be fairly rewarded. A lawsuit that obtains a small quantity in the form of compensations may not be worth fighting for.
5. ”How much will you charge me?” Aside from the acceptance fee, the personal injury lawyer may demand payment that is dependent on the quantum meruit – the merits of the case. Sometimes, this lawyer’s fee is an acknowledged percentage of the amount that will be awarded when the case is won. Every so often, it comes in the form of a stated sum.
Keep in mind that all of this applies to more than drunk driving accidents. Use these criteria the next time you need an Injuries Attorney. It sure beats sitting around thinking of new ideas to serve the community while you wonder where your next check is suppose to come from.