Truck Accident Attorneys – Personal Injury Lawyers
Recent U.S. studies by the National Transportation Safety Bureau indicated that nearly 18 percent of single-vehicle heavy truck accidents are fatigue-related. Additional research indicates driver fatigue to be a significant cause of about 20 percent of commercial truck accidents, and more than 50 percent of long-haul drivers have succumbed to sleep while driving.
Current regulations require truck drivers to cumulatively drive no more than 11 hours in a 14-hour period, followed by ten consecutive hours of rest. In fact, many trucks are equipped with electronic on-board recorders that track the time a vehicle is stopped. However, the logs cannot specifically track whether a driver was sleeping during that time.
How to avoid exhaustion on the road
Even with recommended rest, driving long distances can have a hypnotic effect on the most experienced truck drivers. The following tips can help truck drivers avoid an accident and remain alert on the road:
Take numerous breaks. Even ten minutes walking around at a rest stop can clear your head during a long haul. Using this time to drink a caffeinated beverage can help as well, but never count on it to counteract the full effects of exhaustion.
Keep your eyes moving. Keeping your eyes on the road is not limited to just looking at the road in front of you. You need to be aware of conditions all around your truck, and shifting focus can help keep you stay mentally alert.
Avoid intoxicants. Even if you remain under the legal blood alcohol content limit, any alcohol can make you drowsy. If you are going to drive, do not drink alcohol at all.
Following legal regulations can help you avoid accidents caused by sleep deprivation. But always be aware that the tedium of truck driving—especially at night or when traffic is light—can easily lead to exhaustion. Only you alone can judge your own mental condition. If you need additional sleep or a break to remain alert, pay attention to those needs.
Your safety is important
As a truck accident attorney, I have seen the devastating results of a trucking accident. No matter how tight your delivery schedule may be, always remember that your cargo cannot get to its destination on time if you have an accident. Stay alert, and stay safe.
Prior to getting the services of a personal injury attorney, you must primarily ask him these 5 vital questions:
1. ”Do I have an argument?” This is the primary thing you should ask from your prospective personal injury lawyer. Your case should be based on a directive that grants you a specific entitlement, and that right was violated by the person or group you wish to name as the respondent in your case for damages. Once this question is asked, your personal injury lawyer will study the information surrounding the case and conclude the particular stipulations of law that should be appropriate.
2. ”Do I have a strong case?” You may have a case, but if it’s a weak case that has a big possibility of loss, then it may not be worth pursuing. There are instances when a group still chooses to pursue a lawsuit despite the big chances of failure because of their perceived want for absolution. But ask yourself: is it worth the attempt? Is it worth the nuisances you’ll need to suffer? Is it worth the money you stand to waste?
3. ”How much fortification will I have in opposition to the counter-claims that are positive to be filed?” You can file a case for indemnities, but such will make you vulnerable to a countersuit, one which you should be ready for. As a matter of practice, most respondents reply to the objection with a counter-claim for indemnities. However, if your case is strong, such counter-claims may simply die out.
4. ”How much, in the form of indemnities, should I look forward to get?” You may win a lawsuit, but if the damages that will be given are of a small amount, then your attempts and your funds won’t be fairly rewarded. A lawsuit that obtains a small quantity in the form of compensations may not be worth fighting for.
5. ”How much will you charge me?” Aside from the acceptance fee, the personal injury lawyer may demand payment that is dependent on the quantum meruit – the merits of the case. Sometimes, this lawyer’s fee is an acknowledged percentage of the amount that will be awarded when the case is won. Every so often, it comes in the form of a stated sum.
Keep in mind that all of this applies to more than drunk driving accidents. Use these criteria the next time you need an Injuries Attorney. It sure beats sitting around thinking of new ideas to serve the community while you wonder where your next check is suppose to come from.
Texas Lawyers are Top Notch – Personal Injury Attorneys
Lawyers in Texas are perhaps considered as one of the best in the United States. They are the finest in the law business. Many of them handle special cases and accept clients with all their best intention to give them due process and fair trial.
In looking for the best lawyer to handle your case, you should consider the type of case you are filing. Lawyers usually specialize themselves according to their preferred and mastered law subject. Some of these law specialized cases or subject includes criminal cases, civil law cases, labor cases, land or estate cases, election cases, divorce cases, corporate or business cases, personal accident, car accident cases and other specialized cases.
Among all of these, the personal injury and car accident cases are conceivably the most common cases. Personal injury case involve claims against another who brought bodily harm and emotional or mental injury. The person whose case is filed against him must be acting negligently to cause the personal injury. The term is considered therefore as a tort type case. The good thing in this type of case is that it is not difficult to look for personal injury lawyer, also known as car accident lawyers. They handle cases that involve motor vehicle collision or when one motor vehicle runs over a pedestrian, animal or architectural obstacle. This collision may produce injury, damage to property or even death. If you have encountered a road or vehicle accident what you need is a car accident lawyer.
Lawyers usually avoid trial in court and settle the issue between the parties as much as possible. Court trial is the last option to settle the personal injury or car accident cases. It is both advantageous to the parties if the case is alternatively resolved in a summarily settlement and not in the expensive court trial. The advantages include less cost of trial, easy and fastest settlement of case, able to save the increasing docket of the court and of course save time and resources. Although this is not favorable to the lawyers since they will be paid less for such a short service, this is ethical and considered as smarter strategy. The clients may agree on paying lawyers with just amount.